This is the official Privacy Statement that applies to DevWorks International. DevWorks International will hereafter be referred to as “DevWorks”, “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to keeping our users’ information safe.
The policies below are applicable to www.devworks.org and any other websites operated by the Company. The practices described in this Privacy Statement apply only to information gathered online at our website. They do not apply to information that you may submit to us offline or to websites maintained by other companies or organizations to which we may link.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Our primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. You can browse www.devworks.org without submitting your Personal Information to us. However, there are circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your Personal Information.
Here are the most common ways in which we may collect your Personal Information:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters and updates from us
- When you download publications and articles from us
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events
- When you request information or assistance
- In conjunction with your employment or volunteer inquiries or applications
- When you participate with social media accounts involving DevWorks International
- When you participate in communities and other interactive services
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions
- When you communicate with us through the website
- In conjunction with any other place on the website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
Here are the most common types of Personal Information we might collect and store:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Physical address
- Organizational affiliation
- Job title and sector
- Why you are interested in DevWorks International
- Details of your communication with us
- Other information relevant to user surveys
- Employment history, education, skills, and references (if applying for a position or internship at DevWorks or interest in volunteering with DevWorks), and
- Other information relating to you personally that you may choose to provide to us.
Non-Personal Information (Cookies)
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes
- Responding to your inquiries
- Communicating with you about your transactions with us and sending you information about features on our website or about DevWorks
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies
- Personalizing content and experiences on our website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium
- Processing your employment application
- Event or program registration
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations
- Research and development
- Verifying your account and account activities
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website and their usage patterns, and
- Managing our organization.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any information you give us is held on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party with the utmost care and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. We use reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard your information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We do not sell or rent Personal Information to others. We use your Personal Information only for the limited purposes of sending you updates and useful information about our services, programs, resources for the field, enhancing the site operation, for statistical purposes, and for overall systems administration. We may use your Personal information to meet legal requirements or obligations. We may disclose your Personal Information where it is necessary, including to enforce our legal rights, in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets in our site, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law or a regulatory authority requires us to do so.
Authorized employees, agents, and mandatories of DevWorks who require access to your Personal Information to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Opt-in and Opt-out
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view certain content and use certain services offered by our website without registering. We also give users the following options
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us and
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a website, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our services without providing us with certain information
Data Transfer and Storage
If you are located outside of the United States, be aware that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our website or providing your Personal Information to us, you consent to this transfer and to the collection, storage, processing, and use of your Personal Information in the United States. If you are located in the United States, our service providers may not be located in your geographic area in the United States. By providing Your Personal Information to us, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to these service providers.
The Company will maintain appropriate measures to ensure that users’ personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within the Company’s server environment. We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We also limit access to the website by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes.
Personal Data Breaches
DevWorks takes every reasonable measure to prevent Personal Information breaches. When these do occur, we will take swift action within our responsibilities. These actions will be consistent with the role we have in relation to the products, services, or processes affected by the breach. In all cases, we will work together with affected parties to minimize effects, to make all notifications and disclosures that are required by applicable law or otherwise warranted, and to act to prevent future breaches.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
While our website may be viewed by children, our site is not specifically dedicated to children and we do not actively solicit information from children. Children under the age of 13 are required to obtain permission from a parent or guardian prior to providing any personal information.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (May 25, 2018) is a European Union regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR given the limitations of U.S. Government regulations at the local and federal level, as well as any contractual obligations that may supersede GDPR requirements. DevWorks vendors who process Personal Information on behalf of DevWorks are contractually obligated to comply with the GDPR and all other applicable laws and regulations.
Our website is published in the United States and is subject to laws of the United States. If you are in a country outside the United States and voluntarily submit Personal Information to us, you thereby consent to the general use of such information as provided in this Privacy Statement and to the transfer of that information to, and/or storage of that information in, the United States. In addition, if you are in the European Union or the United Kingdom when you provide Personal Information to us, you will have the following rights:
- Right to access: You may ask if we store your Personal Information and why. You can also request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. To request a copy of this information from DevWorks, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to correct: You can update or correct your Personal Information with us at any time. For example, you may wish to update contact information from time to time. To request that we update or correct your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to ask for data to be erased, if possible and when required under data-protection laws. To request that we remove your Personal Information from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask for processing of your Personal Information to be restricted, if possible and when required under data-protection laws. To request that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your Personal Information by contacting us. Upon request, we will stop processing your Personal Information unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for processing this information under applicable laws.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to file a complaint: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including how we handle your Personal Information, you can report it to the EU Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or other data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Questions and comments should be directed to DevWorks staff at email@example.com, or at the address or number listed below.
Communications & Outreach
7514 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 400
Bethesda, MD 20814
To unsubscribe from e-mail updates from DevWorks or delete your contact record, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
DevWorks International reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time, without any reason, without notice to you. Any changes will be published here, and you should check this website to access our most current Privacy Statement. If material changes are made to the Privacy Statement, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on the website. We will publish a “last updated” date at the bottom of this page.
Last updated: February 24, 2020
Terms and Conditions of Use
By using, linking to, or downloading material from this site, you agree to the following terms and conditions of use. DevWorks International reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Attention: Please read these terms and conditions of use for this site carefully.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
All content is Copyright © 2020 DevWorks International. All rights reserved.
The content of all material available on this Web site are copyrighted by DevWorks International (“DevWorks”) unless otherwise indicated. Copyright is not claimed as to any part of an original work prepared by a U.S. or state government officer or employee as part of that person’s official duties. All rights are reserved and content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written agreement of DevWorks or as indicated below. Users may download pages or other content for their own personal use on a single computer, but no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written agreement of, and with express attribution to, DevWorks.
All logos, trade names, trademarks and service marks of DevWorks and its donors, programs, affiliates, partners, and beneficiaries are the property of DevWorks, or of its donors, programs, affiliates, partners, and beneficiaries (as the case may be), and you may not use any of such materials for any purpose without the express prior written consent of the party to whom such name, logo, or mark belongs.
- GENERAL LEGAL NOTICE AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
DevWorks makes available this Web site and the information and services contained on it in order to further DevWorks’ nonprofit and tax-exempt purposes. While DevWorks makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, DevWorks does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of such information. Your use of such information is voluntary, and you represent to DevWorks that you will not rely on it authoritatively with respect to any undertaking or action. Reference herein to any specific product, program, person, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or professional advice by DevWorks.
At certain places on this site, live “links” to other Web sites can be accessed. Such external sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of DevWorks. DevWorks does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of information located at such sites. Your use of such information is voluntary, and you agree that you will not rely on it authoritatively with respect to any undertaking or action. Reference therein to any specific product, program, person, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or professional advice by DevWorks.
DevWorks assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from use of the information contained herein, or from use of the information obtained at linked sites, or in any respect for the content of such information. DevWorks is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, reliance on, or performance of such information.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, U.S.A.
DevWorks International WEBSITE COOKIES NOTICE
Effective Date: February 24, 2020
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer or device when you visit a website. They store information about how you interact with the websites you visit. For more information, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies we use and how we use them
- Learn how you interact with our content
- Help us improve your experience when visiting our websites
- Identify errors and resolve them
- Analyze how our websites are performing
These are the types of cookies we use:
- Site experience cookies. These cookies recognize you when you return to our websites, allowing us to remember your preferences, such as your choice of language, and to display appropriate messages about newsletter subscriptions.
- Click-through URLs. If you subscribe to our newsletters, our emails may contain “click-through URLs” linked to content on our sites. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our websites. We use this data to help us understand how recipients respond to, or interact with, our newsletters.
How you can control cookies:
You do not have to have cookies enabled to browse our sites. But if you choose not to enable them, you will not be able to use all of the functions offered on our websites. If you do not wish to accept cookies from our emails, you can set your browser to not download any images or navigate to any links, refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. For more information, refer to your email, browser or device instructions.