Make DevWorks International Your Next Adventure
DevWorks’ mission is to support people around the world to pursue opportunities for equitable social and economic growth to create stronger, more resilient communities. DevWorks builds on 10 years of experience implementing high-quality donor-funded projects in 19 countries across Central and South America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia.
DevWorks hiring and recruitment practices are based on commitment, flexibility, and integrity. We support our staff’s growth professionally and personally.
Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor/Consultancy
Location: Open to multiple locations in South/SE Asia, but must be able to travel periodically throughout the region
Start Date: Contingent upon approval
DevWorks is recruiting for a Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor to support the Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Regional Innovation Hub in South and Southeast (S/SE) Asia. The goal of WE4F is to support enterprises to scale their innovations that impact the sectors of food, water, and energy in order to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains, improve energy and water efficiency, and improve climate resilient agriculture in developing countries and emerging markets. For more information, please visit: https://we4f.org/south-and-southeast-asia.
The Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor will serve as the senior technical expert in water for agriculture for the WE4F S/SE Asia Regional Innovation Hub. They will ensure technical excellence in program implementation related to water across the region – including business development services to enterprises in the water sector, support innovators to complete technical feasibility activities related to water-ag nexus, support innovators in meeting milestones related to water systems, and enabling environment interventions. They will support program learning at the national and regional level and contribute to knowledge development. The Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor will also represent the project and share lessons learned at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders. The LOE for this position is expected to be 15 – 20% throughout the life of the project (contingent upon award, through July 2024).
• 10 or more years of experience implementing donor-funded projects focused on water in S/SE Asia at a regional level.
• Demonstrated expertise investigating and providing consultative services on technical questions and policy issues related to water for agricultural use and enterprise development.
• Strong understanding of water policy issues and the business enabling environment in S/SE Asia.
• Ability to provide thought leadership and represent the project at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders, including donors, governments, private sector actors, and local communities.
• Experience building the capacity of small and medium enterprises and providing training/mentoring to project staff.
• Experience providing multidisciplinary support to SMEs/innovators (business development, policy, sustainability, and legal compliance and guidance)
• Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of current methods and priorities in program monitoring, data collection, and evaluation.
• Master’s degree or higher in a water and/or development-related field, such as engineering, hydrology, water resources management, public administration, or business.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor (Re-advertise)”.
Chief of Party - Liberia
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Start Date: Anticipated March 2022, contingent upon award
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Liberia County Sanitation Activity. The project will seek to increase access to basic sanitation and eliminate open defecation in five counties of Liberia (Montserrado, Nimba, Lofa, Bong, and Grand Bassa).
The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the program – ensuring an integrated vision among diverse components and actors – to achieve the desired results. This position will lead program strategic planning and decision making and will be responsible for overall activities of sub-recipients. The COP will work directly with USAID and will be a key liaison to implementing partners and other stakeholders. This position will ensure full compliance with all USAID, DevWorks, and other fiduciary regulations and will oversee the project reporting process in line with donor requirements. The COP will supervise project staff including professional performance management and coaching.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in designing and implementing sanitation, hygiene and/or water delivery projects.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in developing countries, preferably in Liberia or West Africa
- Minimum five (5) years of successful experience as Chief of Party, Team Leader, Project Director or equivalent position of donor-funded technical assistance teams for projects of similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Understanding of and background in private sector service delivery approaches, governance and capacity building
- Previous experience in and ability to work in post-conflict and insecure operating environments
- Master’s degree or higher in Water Resources Management, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Business, International Development, Public Policy or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible supervisory positions, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and contracts/grants management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for doing their jobs.
- Fluency in English required
For immediate consideration, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief of Party – Liberia County Sanitation Activity” on the subject line.
Feed the Future Mali Sene Yiriwa - Terms of Reference - Baseline Study
Duration: 90 days
Vacancy code: SENEYIRIWARFP-001
Closing Date: September 3, 2021
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Mali Sene Yiriwa Activity in the Delta zone is a five-year activity (2021-2026) designed to build the resilience of targeted populations through inclusive, sustainable, nutrition-sensitive economic growth driven by agriculture. The Mali Sene Yiriwa Activity in the Delta zone is one of four activities of USAID Mali’s Feed the Future (FTF) strategy and contributes directly to the United States Government’s (USG) current Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) country plan for Mali with the goal of sustainably reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
The purpose of this study is to collect high-quality data that will help Sene Yiriwa Activity in the Delta zone and its partners establish a baseline from which to measure change through the performance indicators included in the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP). In addition, the findings from the baseline study will be useful to various stakeholders at different stages of the activity’s implementation.
Also, the results of the baseline study will serve as a guide for learning and adapting the most effective strategies, ensuring that high-impact strategies are identified, used, and promoted within the Sene Yiriwa activity and among other development partners.
The Vendor shall develop the survey methodology and data collection plan, which shall include (at a minimum):
- Description of how the firm will address potential challenges to data collection associated with insecurity; including a contingency plan (e.g., increasing sample size to account for potential inaccessibility of selected POs/areas)
- Methodology for pre-testing the paper and electronic questionnaire in the field
- The training plan and program
- The data collection protocol, including the sampling design for selecting producer organizations, questionnaire, and the manual for the interviewers. The manual should include the glossary and key definitions used by the Sene Yiriwa activity to ensure a common understanding of the survey questions and objectives
- Limitations of the methodology
- An overview of the data quality control process: assessing and managing the challenges and risks associated with the data collection process
- Data cleansing procedures
- Detailed data analysis methods with a list of descriptive statistics tables. The descriptive statistics should include the activity indicators listed above as well as other cross-tabulations that will define the profiles of the targeted producer organizations. The data processing methodology should be clear and concise. It should show the procedures and tools used to process and analyze the data
- A detailed schedule for data collection and analysis of the survey results.
How to Apply
Proposals (including technical and cost proposals and accompanying documents) must be received electronically by e-mail and should be marked SENEYIRIWARFP-001 or by mail/hand delivery addressed to the Procurement Officer, Sene Yiriwa, Badalabougou, Bamako, Mali. Proposals must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. local time in Mali on September 3, 2021. Please see full RFP below for submission instructions.
Value Chain Specialist - Ghana
Location: Accra, Ghana
Start Date: August 2021
Closing Date: July 16, 2021
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a full time Value Chain Specialist for the USAID-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA). The purpose of GFRA is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector and establish a durable basis for its ecological recovery, while enhancing the socio-economic well-being and local resilience of artisanal fisherfolk and their communities. The activity will seek to improve supplemental livelihoods and resilience measures for fishing communities, particularly for women and youth; facilitate private sector engagement and market linkages in the fisheries sector; strengthen government capacity in policymaking, regulation, and enforcement; strengthen improved science and research, including data for policy and management decisions; and empower key stakeholders to affect change.
The Value Chain Specialist will provide technical support for interventions to increase the quality and value of artisanal fish products to maintain household income and enhance availability of nutritious foods for local and regional markets. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Conducting a fishery value chain analysis for specified small pelagic fishery chains to identify market demands and requirements, value chain inefficiencies (e.g., post-harvest losses and marketing issues), and priority opportunities for value addition and new market penetration.
- Supporting businesses that sell artisanal fishery products to access financing to grow their operations and enhance the quality and value of their products.
- Providing technical assistance to fishery businesses for seafood product value-addition.
- Identifying and preparing businesses to access new inland, regional, and/or premium market opportunities for certified and high-quality artisanal seafood products.
- Supporting social behavior change communications (SBCC) interventions (e.g., SBCC publications, radio programs, and TV advertisements) to facilitate awareness and demand for healthy and high value fish products.
- Coordinating with stakeholders such as fish processors, local associations, National Fish Processors and Traders Association (NAFPTA), National Board for Small-Scale Industries (NBSSI), Food Research Institute of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR-FRI), Fisheries Commission of the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development (MoFAD/FC), Food and Drug Authority (FDA), Ghana Standards Authority (GSA), financial institutions, business development service providers, and others.
- At least 6 years of experience conducting value chain analyses and strengthening fishery and/or other agricultural value chains.
- In-depth understanding of small pelagic fishery value chains and prior experience working with fish processors.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing training programs and interventions related to post-harvest value addition and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating access to finance for businesses through financial institutions, village savings and loan associations (VSLAs), and other methods.
- Experience working on donor-funded international development projects of similar scope, complexity, and size; experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, fisheries and aquatic sciences, business administration, or a related field.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “GFRA Value Chain Specialist” in the subject line by July 16, 2021.
Call for Business Development Specialists - Global
DevWorks International (DevWorks) seeks international development professionals to join our growing support services practice area. This practice area supports a variety of organizations in business and proposal development, including specific strategy development and opportunity assessments; organizing and managing design sessions; producing and/or revising technical content for key proposal sections; preparing cost proposals with the support of the DevWorks finance team; supporting recruitment efforts; and attending donor workshops/events, among other assignments. Given the wide variety of tasks and assignments, experts of all levels (junior, mid, and senior), are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects, especially with USAID, USDA, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in political/social science, international relations, or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of business and proposal development processes
- Strong organizational skills, execution of tasks, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, coordinate and effectively meet program goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work closely with organizations based in the developing world
- Experience with organizational capacity development a plus
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line.
Call for Technical Experts: WASH and Water Resources Management - Global
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is seeking technical experts for upcoming projects focused on water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and water resources management (WRM) globally. WASH and WRM experts will provide technical expertise to project teams in topics such as WASH market systems development; enterprise development; governance; sustainable service delivery; access to finance; and climate resilience. Upcoming projects may provide support in a broad range of areas within the WASH sector, including data collection and management; assessment and analysis; strategic planning and program design; capacity building and institutional strengthening; policy, regulatory and institutional support; technical and service delivery; shock response and adaptive management; and performance monitoring and evaluation for the implementation of field activities and projects.
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in the WASH and/or WRM sectors.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following countries is required: D.R. Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Previous work experience on USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve consensus on technical and administrative matters. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Technical Expert – WASH” in the subject line.